ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 buffed-up design with chart-topping thermal performance.
• NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency
• 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance
• G6X Memory: This is the world’s fastest graphics memory on the GeForce RTX 3090 and RTX 3080.
• Axial-tech Fan Design has been tuned up with more fan blades and a reversed rotational direction for the center fan.
• 2.9-slot design expands cooling surface area compared to last gen for more thermal headroom than ever before.
• Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
• GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring.
Our Axial-tech fan design has been optimized for a new, larger heat sink that features more fins and surface area than last gen. The blade count has been increased on all three fans, with 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier ring on the side fans has been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan's extra blades and full height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader.
The fans have been smartly tuned with a reversed rotation for the center fan, which reduces turbulence, and with a fan-stop mode that kicks in when the GPU temp falls below 55 degrees.
To get heat up off the die and into the heat sink array to benefit from the new fan design requires special attention. We use a manufacturing process that polishes the surface of the heat spreader to improve smoothness at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for improved thermal transfer. 2.9-slot Design The heat spreader draws heat up into heat pipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills a large 2.9-slot footprint. Increasing the heat sink size compared to the last generation provides more thermal headroom to account for the new high-performance chipset
Top-shelf capacitors, chokes, and MOSFETs are selected to effortlessly deliver hundreds of watts at a millisecond’s notice. The Super Alloy Power II parts are soldered to the PCB using our advanced AutoExtreme automated manufacturing process. Smooth joints on the rear of the PCB and the elimination of human errors ensures each graphics card meets our rigorous specifications.
The rear of the ROG Strix graphics card sports two PWM FanConnect headers that provide additional DIY flexibility. Chassis fans can be directly attached to the GPU and tuned with a curve that is based on CPU or GPU temperature, providing extra intake or exhaust for demanding 3D tasks
Vented Back plate
Flipping the card around reveals more design improvements. A wide back plate vent and shortened PCB allows hot air to escape towards chassis exhaust fans instead of being recycled by the GPU’s circulating cooler design. A GPU bracket provides extra stability to the critical connection between die and heat spreader. The I/O bracket is made from stainless steel to protect ports and provide a more secure mount. A conveniently placed Dual Bios switch allows quick selection between “performance” and “quiet” mode for basic customization of the card’s default behavior without software